MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Building and Protecting Famlies

“Unless the Lord builds a house, its builders labor over it in vain.” [I can’t lead my family with my plans and principals – no matter how wise they may be in the world’s eyes.  I must seek and follow the Lord for each decision. He must map out the blueprint – I’m only one of his builders.]

“Unless the Lord watches over a city, the watchmen stand alert in vain. [I cannot protect my children from worldly influences. I’m a player in the protection game, but thankfully the Lord is their guardian. And HE goes before them, with them, and behind them everywhere they go. They are HIS children, his lights, his warriors, his lambs. He is the Overseer of their souls.

Help me to remember that you already have plans for our family.  Help me to willingly be a part of YOUR plans.  Remind me constantly of your love for my children, and help me to rest peacefully in your loving care.  Help me ENJOY the days you give me with my children, and not spoil the days with fruitless worry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home